Friday, July 23, 2010

A chic country wedding

These projects from Country Living magazine could be useful in a variety of wedding themes but I think they're perfect for a simple country wedding. 

What a great use for old sewing patterns! I'm no seamstress so I'd have to hunt for old patterns at garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets and my grandmothers attic but these big paper blooms are worth it.

Display a pressed flower in an antique frame instead of a large floral centerpiece. It's lovely and oh. so. inexpensive.

Attach an old doily to a simply glass vase to jazz it up a little. 

How about this pretty handkerchief table runner? I collect beautiful handkerchiefs. I'm not sure I could bring myself to sew them together as a table runner (even if I did know how) but they would make a lovely display. 


For more ideas visit the Country Living website here

No comments:

Post a Comment