Friday, August 6, 2010

DIY wedding photos.


Photoshop is the newest development in my life. I've downloaded a free trial version of the most basic package (for sale at $69) to see if I like it and with the plan to touch-up my own wedding photos. And...I've become a little obsessed. You can add people to photos, give people a tan, cover blemishes, do just about anything with color and you can even make the subjects up to 4% thinner! Will they be as good as a professional photographer's? Probably not, but they will be good.

If you haven't looked into photographers yet, prepare yourself. It's expensive. They start at $1800 and the most popular photographer in my area charges $8600. They're brilliant photographers so they're probably worth that much but sadly, only the wealthy can have their brilliant photos. If you're paying $8600 for photography, how much is the rest of your wedding budget?!

I think I'm going to have a talented friend shoot our day. She's never done a wedding but she has a creative eye, a good camera, and a lot of great photos in her portfolio. I'm confident that she'd do a great job. I'm also going to ask a few other family and friends to take photos for us at the reception. I'd love to capture the fun on film. Then I would photoshop the best ones myself. I'm taking the month to play with photoshop and think this over before committing but this seems like the best option for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment