Saturday, June 12, 2010

Champagne? Yes, please.

I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty. ~ Madame Lilly Bollinger


I LOVE champagne. Speaking of glass (from the last post) I'm definitely going to have these vintage bowl-shaped champagne glasses at my wedding. It might seem silly, but its just one of those details that I've always wanted. I think they look so glamorous, evoking the 1920's. It turns out that they're actually cheaper than the more popular champagne flutes. I'll have our bartender stack them up in pyramid style however, we won't be serving the pyramid style, where you pour only into the first glass to let it run over into all the other glasses, and incidentally, all over the table (I weep for the loss of so much bubbly).


I would love to put Veuve Clicquot in it, however unless it comes as a gift we'll be drinking a less worthy version.



I've always loved this Veuve Clicquot ad. I would definitely exchange my carry-on for a couple of travel cases of this champagne. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment